Today: August 9th, 2020
Today's date falls on a Sunday. It was day 222 of 2020. The decade was the 2020s.
Woo-hoo, it's the weekend!
Basic facts and information about this date:
- Week Number: We are currently in Week 32 of 2020.
- Leap Year: 2020 is a leap year, which means that it will have 366 days instead of 365 (with an extra day in February).
- Unix Timestamp: The Unix Timestamp for this date is 1596927600.
Horoscopes & Birthstone Information
Zodiac & Birthstone information:
- Zodiac Sign (Astrology): Anyone born on August 9th, 2020, will have the star sign Leo.
- However, if you are going by the new star sign system (2020), then the sign for this date is actually Cancer.
- Zodiac Element: Fire.
- Chinese Zodiac Animal: In the Chinese Zodiac, 2020 is the year of the Rat (Yang Wood).
- Native American Zodiac: August 9th, 2020 falls under the Salmon.
- Birthstone: Anyone born during the month of August will have the birthstone Peridot.
2020 - Toys & Games
Toys and games that would have been popular on this date in 2020:
Celebrities and historical figures that were born on the 9th of August:
Interesting facts about conception dates.
- If your baby is due on August 9th, 2020, then the date of conception was probably around the 31st of October, 2019. (Rough Estimate).
- A baby that is conceived on August 9th, 2020, will be due on the 19th of May, 2021. (Rough Estimate).
9th of August
Events that have occurred on the 9th of August:
- August 9th, 1969: The Manson Family murder Sharon Tate, Abigail Folger, Wojciech Frykowski and Jay Sebring.
- August 9th, 1971: Internment: British government forces arrest hundreds of Irish nationalists and detain them without trial.
- August 9th, 1974: The Watergate scandal forces Richard Nixon to resign as President of the United States.
- August 9th, 1974: Vice President Gerald Ford becomes the 38th President of the United States.
- August 9th, 1999: WWF: Chris Jericho makes his debut.
- August 9th, 1999: Islamist Chechen fighters occupy Russia's Dagestan region before declaring it an independent state.
- August 9th, 2008: Comedian Bernie Mac dies from pneumonia, which was brought on by a condition called sarcoidosis.
- August 9th, 1985: Pee-wee's Big Adventure (1985) is released in movie theaters.
- August 9th, 1989: The Abyss (1989) is released in cinemas.
- August 9th, 1993: Lionel Richie and his wife Brenda Harvey are divorced.
- August 9th, 2010: The song "Love the Way You Lie" is released by Eminem and Rihanna.
- August 9th, 2016: Football: Everton defender John Stones joins Manchester City.
A list of random dates that you might be interested in: