Today: June 6th, 2020
Today's date falls on a Saturday. Day 158 of 2020. Decade: 2020s.
Woo-hoo, it's the weekend!
Basic facts and information about this date:
- Week Number: We are currently in Week 23 of 2020.
- Leap Year: 2020 is a leap year, which means that it will have 366 days instead of 365 (with an extra day in February).
- Unix Timestamp: The Unix Timestamp for this date is 1591398000.
Around This Time...
Notable events that occurred around June 6th, 2020:
- May 25th, 2020: An unarmed African-American man called George Floyd is killed during an arrest in Minneapolis.
- May 26th, 2020: Protests begin in Minneapolis over the police killing of George Floyd.
- May 27th, 2020: Protests in Minneapolis lead to looting and skirmishes with police.
- May 28th, 2020: Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey declares a state of emergency.
- May 28th, 2020: Governor of Minnesota Tim Walz calls National Guard troops into Minneapolis.
- June 19th, 2020: The game "The Last of Us Part II" is released.
Horoscopes & Birthstone Information
Zodiac & Birthstone information:
- Zodiac Sign (Astrology): Anyone born on June 6th, 2020, will have the star sign Gemini.
- Zodiac Element: Air.
- Chinese Zodiac Animal: In the Chinese Zodiac, 2020 is the year of the Rat (Yang Wood).
- Native American Zodiac: June 6th, 2020 falls under the Deer.
- Birthstone: Anyone born during the month of June will have the birthstones Pearl and Alexandrite.
Celebrities and historical figures that were born on the 6th of June:
Interesting facts about conception dates.
- If your baby is due on June 6th, 2020, then the date of conception was probably around the 28th of August, 2019. (Rough Estimate).
- A baby that is conceived on June 6th, 2020, will be due on the 16th of March, 2021. (Rough Estimate).
6th of June
Events that have occurred on the 6th of June:
- June 6th, 1944: Invasion of Normandy (D-Day Landings) - World War Two.
- June 6th, 1984: The game "Tetris" is released.
- June 6th, 1999: 345 prisoners escape from Putim prison in Brazil.
- June 6th, 2016: MMA fighter Kimbo Slice passes away.
- June 6th, 1976: The Boston Celtics win the 1976 NBA Finals after they defeat the Phoenix Suns 4-2.
- June 6th, 1997: The movie Con Air (1997) is released.
- June 6th, 1997: 1997 Irish general election: Fianna Fail form a new government after winning 68 seats.
- June 6th, 1998: The first episode of Sex and the City is aired.
- June 6th, 1998: The song "Ghetto Supastar (That Is What You Are)" is released by rapper Ol' Dirty Bastard.
- June 6th, 2003: 2 Fast 2 Furious (2003) is released.
- June 6th, 2008: Kung Fu Panda (2008) is released in cinemas.
- June 6th, 2010: Long Island serial killer: Megan Waterman goes missing after placing escort advertisements on Craigslist.
- June 6th, 2015: The 2015 UEFA Champions League Final is held at the Olympiastadion in Berlin, Germany.
A list of random dates that you might be interested in: