April 29, 2023, was a Saturday. It was the 119th day of 2023. The decade was the 2020s.
7 months and 8 days have passed since April 29, 2023.
The zodiac star sign for this date is Taurus.
Notable events that occurred on April 29, 2023:
Ukrainian drones strike a Russian fuel depot in Crimea.
This date occurred 222 days ago. Approximately 7 months have passed. It was the 119th day of 2023, in week 17. The decade was the 2020s. A baby that was born on this day is now 7 months old. 2 seasons of weather have come and gone since then.
News stories, pop culture trends, and other events that happened around April 29, 2023.
March 30, 2023:
• A grand jury in New York votes to indict former US president Donald Trump over hush money payments that he allegedly made in 2016.
• Actress Gwyneth Paltrow is cleared of all fault during a high-profile skiing lawsuit.
• Turkey's parliament ratifies Finland's NATO membership.
March 31, 2023: The adventure film "Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves" is released.
April 1, 2023:
• WrestleMania 39: Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn defeat The Usos to win the Undisputed WWE Tag Team Championship.
• A boycott on Anheuser-Busch products begins after the company does a sponsorship with transgender actress Dylan Mulvaney.
April 2, 2023:
• Soccer: Brendan Rodgers is sacked by Leicester City.
• Soccer: Graham Potter is sacked by Chelsea.
• Russian military blogger Vladlen Tatarsky is killed by a bomb in Saint Petersburg.
• Celebrities and news organizations state that they will not pay for Twitter's new blue tick.
• Elon Musk attacks the New York Times after it says that it will not pay for Twitter's new verified subscription service.
• WrestleMania 39: Roman Reigns defeats Cody Rhodes to retain the Undisputed WWE Universal Championship.
April 3, 2023:
• The Russian paramilitary group Wagner claims that it has captured the city hall in Bakhmut.
• Donald Trump flies to New York to face criminal charges for alleged hush money payments.
• The WWE and the UFC's parent company, Endeavor, agree to merge.
April 4, 2023:
• Finland formally joins NATO.
• Former US President Donald Trump is formally arrested and charged with 34 felony counts of falsifying business records.
April 6, 2023:
• Soccer: Frank Lampard is named as the caretaker manager of Chelsea.
• Former Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi is diagnosed with leukemia.
• Robert De Niro (79) and his girlfriend, Tiffany Chen (45), have a daughter.
April 7, 2023:
• The computer-animated film "The Super Mario Bros. Movie" is released.
• Former S Club 7 member Paul Cattermole is found dead at his home at the age of 46.
• It is revealed that the death of Coolio was caused by drugs.
• Access to the abortion pill mifepristone is plunged into uncertainty in the US after two federal judges make conflicting rulings.
April 10, 2023: A bank employee shoots and kills five people at his workplace in Louisville, Kentucky.
April 11, 2023: Taiwan's Foreign Minister Joseph Wu claims that China is getting ready to wage a war against his country.
April 12, 2023:
• Warner Bros Discovery announces that it is creating a Harry Potter TV series.
• NPR quits Twitter after its account is labelled as "government-funded".
April 13, 2023:
• American airman Jack Teixeira is arrested at his home on suspicion of leaking classified documents.
• 16-year-old Ralph Yarl is shot dead after ringing the wrong doorbell in Kansas City, Missouri.
April 15, 2023:
• Germany switches off its last three nuclear reactors.
• Four people are killed in a mass shooting at a birthday party in Dadeville, Alabama.
• 19-year-old Blake Walsh is shot dead after pulling into the wrong driveway in Hebron, New York.
• An armed conflict between rival factions breaks out in Sudan.
April 18, 2023: Fox News and Dominion Voting Systems agree a last-minute settlement for $787.5m in a "vote-rigging" defamation case.
April 19, 2023:
• Ukraine receives Patriot missiles from the United States.
• Oklahoma county commissioner Mark Jennings resigns after being recorded talking about lynching Black residents.
• At least 85 people are killed after a stampede occurs at a charity event in Yemen.
• K-pop singer Moon Bin commits suicide at the age of 25.
• Microsoft announces that it will be dropping Twitter from its advertising platform.
• Elon Musk threatens to sue Microsoft for allegedly training their ChatGPT AI with Twitter data.
April 20, 2023:
• Twitter begins to remove legacy blue ticks from accounts.
• Involuntary manslaughter charges against actor Alec Baldwin are dropped.
• SpaceX's Starship explodes shortly after taking off.
• MillerKnoll CEO Andi Owen apologizes for her "leave pity city" speech.
• BuzzFeed announces that it is closing its news department.
April 22, 2023: Football: Wrexham win promotion to the Football League after 15 years.
April 23, 2023:
• Bed Bath & Beyond files for bankruptcy protection.
• UK politics: Diane Abbott is suspended as a Labour MP after claiming that Jewish people do not face racism.
April 24, 2023:
• It is announced that Tucker Carlson is leaving Fox News.
• Don Lemon announces that he has been fired by CNN.
• An arrest warrant is issued for Jackass star Bam Margera following a physical confrontation in Pennsylvania.
April 25, 2023:
• US President Joe Biden confirms that he is running for reelection in 2024.
• Singer and activist, Harry Belafonte, dies at the age of 96.
• The Taliban kills the ISIS leader that orchestrated the 2021 Afghanistan airport attack.
April 26, 2023: Microsoft's takeover of Activision is blocked by a British regulator.
April 28, 2023:
• Five people, including an 8-year-old boy, are shot dead at a house in Cleveland, Texas.
• It is reported that 110 members of the Malindi cult have been found dead in Kenya following a mass starvation incident.
This date: April 29, 2023
May 1, 2023:
• The White House estimates that 100,000 Russian soldiers have died in Ukraine.
• The police find seven bodies on the land of a registered sex offender in Henryetta, Oklahoma.
• First Republic Bank is seized by financial regulators and sold to JPMorgan.
• A video of a cockroach on the red carpet at the 2023 Met Gala goes viral.
May 2, 2023:
• The 2023 Writers Guild of America strike begins.
• The first-person shooter game "Redfall" is released.
May 3, 2023:
• The Kremlin claims that it was attacked by two drones overnight.
• A student shoots nine people dead at the Vladislav Ribnikar Elementary School in Belgrade, Serbia.
May 4, 2023:
• Eight people are killed in Serbia's second mass shooting in one week.
• A court rules that Ed Sheeran's song "Thinking Out Loud" did not copy Marvin Gaye's "Let's Get It On".
• GameStop announces that it is pulling out of Ireland.
• UK politics: The Conservative Party loses more than 1,000 council seats in the 2023 United Kingdom local elections.
May 5, 2023:
• The film "Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3" is released.
• The WHO officially declares an end to Covid-19 global health emergency.
• Wagner leader Yevgeny Prigozhin threatens to pull his troops out of Bakhmut due to ammo shortages.
May 6, 2023:
• The coronation of King Charles III takes place.
• Eight people are killed in a mass shooting at a mall in Allen, Texas.
May 8, 2023: Sum 41 announce that they are splitting up after 27 years together.
May 9, 2023: A civil trial jury in New York finds that Donald Trump sexually abused writer E. Jean Carroll.
May 10, 2023:
• US congressman George Santos is charged with fraud and money laundering.
• Former US President Donald Trump appears on CNN Town Hall.
May 11, 2023:
• Ukrainian forces make gains around the city of Bakhmut.
• Elon Musk announces that he will be stepping down as the CEO of Twitter.
• The United States accuses South Africa of supplying Russia with weapons.
May 12, 2023:
• Lori Vallow Daybell is found guilty of murdering her two children and her husband's former wife.
• Elon Musk announces that Linda Yaccarino will become the new CEO of Twitter.
May 13, 2023: Sweden win the 2023 Eurovision with the song "Tattoo" by Loreen.
May 14, 2023: Famous American poker player Doyle Brunson dies at the age of 89.
May 15, 2023:
• Vice Media files for bankruptcy.
• Argentina raises interest rates to 97% in an effort to tackle inflation.
May 16, 2023:
• US Congresswoman Lauren Boebert files for divorce from her husband.
• Hungary blocks a payment from the EU that provides off-budget military support for Ukraine.
• At least six people are killed after a fire breaks out at a hostel in Wellington, New Zealand.
• Ukraine claims that it shot down two Russian hypersonic missiles.
May 17, 2023:
• Researchers say that there is a 66% chance that the earth will pass the 1.5 C global warming threshold by 2027.
• A spokesperson for Prince Harry and Meghan Markle says that the couple were involved in a "near catastrophic car chase" involving paparazzi.
• Montana bans the app TikTok.
• A judge orders biotechnology entrepreneur Elizabeth Holmes to surrender to custody to serve an 11-year prison sentence for wire fraud and defrauding investors.
• 95-year-old Clare Nowland is tasered by New South Wales police in Cooma, Australia.
May 18, 2023:
• A man is arrested after driving his car through a gate in the Vatican.
• Legendary NFL running back Jim Brown dies at the age of 87.
May 19, 2023:
• The film "Fast X", starring Vin Diesel and Jason Statham, is released in movie theaters.
• The brother of TV presenter Phillip Schofield is jailed for 12 years for sexually abusing a child.
May 20, 2023:
• British presenter Phillip Schofield steps down from ITV's "This Morning" show with "immediate effect".
• Manchester City win the Premier League title after Arsenal are beaten 1-0 by Nottingham Forest.
• The US says it will allow its Western allies to supply Ukraine with fighter jets such as the F-16.
• Russia claims that it has captured the eastern Ukrainian city of Bakhmut.
• Boxing: Katie Taylor's unbeaten run comes to an end after she is defeated by Chantelle Cameron.
May 21, 2023:
• 10 people are killed during a shootout at a car rally in Baja California, Mexico.
• Vinicius Junior is racially abused during a La Liga game between Real Madrid and Valencia.
May 22, 2023:
• Facebook's parent company, Meta, is fined €1.2 billion by Ireland's Data Protection Commission (DPC) for transferring European user data to the United States.
• Singapore Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong tests positive for COVID-19.
• The Portuguese police announce plans to search a reservoir as part of the investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.
• Bryan Kohberger refuses to enter a plea over the University of Idaho murders.
• A group of anti-Putin Russian nationals called the "Freedom of Russia Legion" launches an incursion in the Belgorod border region of Russia.
• A 19-year-old man named Sai Varshith Kandula is arrested on multiple charges after crashing a U-Haul van into barriers near the White House.
May 23, 2023:
• It is announced that entertainer and convicted sex offender Rolf Harris has died at the age of 93.
• The police search for the remains of Madeleine McCann at the Barragem do Arade reservoir in the Algarve, Portugal.
• Target removes some of its LGBTQ+ merchandise from stores following threats to workers.
May 24, 2023:
• Singer Tina Turner dies at the age of 83.
• Rapper Fetty Wap is sentenced to six years in prison for drug trafficking.
• Florida Governor Ron DeSantis launches his 2024 presidential campaign.
May 25, 2023:
• The video game "The Lord of the Rings: Gollum" is released.
• Dua Lipa releases the song "Dance the Night".
May 26, 2023:
• Disney's fantasy film "The Little Mermaid" is released.
• Former "This Morning" host Phillip Schofield resigns from ITV after admitting that he had a "legal but unwise" relationship with a younger man.
• Singer Celine Dion cancels the rest of her tour due to her ongoing battle with a neurological disorder called Stiff Person Syndrome (SPS).
• A man is arrested for opening the emergency door of an Asiana Airlines flight during a landing in South Korea.
• Britney Spears tells fans that she has reconnected with her estranged mother.
May 27, 2023:
• The Texas House of Representatives impeaches state Attorney General Ken Paxton over allegations of bribery and abuse of public trust.
• Twitter exits the European Union's voluntary Code of Practice on Disinformation.
• Soccer: Borussia Dortmund loses the Bundesliga title on the final day of the season after only managing a 2-2 draw against Mainz 05.
May 28, 2023:
• The series finale of Succession is aired.
• Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan secures another five years in power after defeating challenger Kemal Kilicdaroglu in a run-off election.
• Soccer: Leicester City are relegated from the Premier League on the final day of the season, just seven years after they lifted the title.
May 29, 2023:
• Soccer: Mauricio Pochettino is appointed as the new manager of Chelsea.
• Moscow is attacked by two dozen drones.