Famous people who died in 1968
A list of 4 celebrities and other famous people who passed away in the year 1968.
Roughly 55 years have passed since these people died.
This list is ordered by the person's date of death.
Died on April 4, 1968
Died at the age of 39
Author and activist Deceased
Died on June 1, 1968
Died at the age of 87
American politician Deceased
Died on June 6, 1968
Died at the age of 42
Died on October 30, 1968
Died at the age of 69
Beaten to death at his home during a robbery.
A few facts that highlight just how long ago 1968 was:
- These celebrities died before TV shows such as "Hee Haw", "The Main Chance", "Room 222", and "Then Came Bronson" started airing on television.
- These people did not get to see movies such as "The Killing of Sister George", "The Longest Day", "Winning", "Ice Station Zebra", "The Love Bug", or "The April Fools".
- The people on this list did not live long enough to see Neil Armstrong walking on the moon.
- Celebrities such as Verne Troyer, Marilyn Manson, Dave Grohl, and Nicky Wire were not even born yet.
- In 1968, celebrities such as Dwight D. Eisenhower, Judy Garland, Brian Jones, and Sharon Tate were still alive.
- Television shows such as "Gilligan's Island", "I Dream of Jeannie", "Dark Shadows", and "The Ed Sullivan Show" were still running.
Celebrity deaths in 1968
Statistics about the 4 celebrity deaths above.
- Men made up the majority of celebrity deaths in 1968. 75% were male, whereas only 25% were female.
- 75% of the people in this list were either murdered or assassinated.
© 2014-2023 BestOfDate.com