Famous people who died in 1978
A list of 1 celebrities and other famous people who passed away in the year 1978.
Roughly 45 years have passed since these people died.
This list is ordered by the person's date of death.
Died on September 7, 1978
Died at the age of 32
Overdose of alcohol withdrawal drugs.
A few facts that highlight just how long ago 1978 was:
- These celebrities died before TV shows such as "The Dukes of Hazzard", "The Facts of Life", "Hart to Hart", and "Archie Bunker's Place" started airing on television.
- These people did not get to see movies such as "Rocky II", "Moonraker", "Dracula", "The Amityville Horror", "Star Wars", or "The Muppet Movie".
- Celebrities such as Aaliyah, Leo Varadkar, Tatyana Ali, and Brandy were not even born yet.
- In 1978, celebrities such as Sid Vicious, John Wayne, Alfred Hitchcock, and Dorothy Stratten were still alive.
- Television shows such as "The Bob Newhart Show", "The Six Million Dollar Man", "All in the Family", and "What's Happening!!" were still running.
Celebrity deaths in 1978
Statistics about the 1 celebrity deaths above.
- 100% of the deaths in 1978 were male.
- 100% of the deaths above were due to drug overdoses.
© 2014-2023 BestOfDate.com