Michael Jackson has been dead for 13 years.
The pop star died from an overdose of benzodiazepine and propofol on June 25, 2009.
He was 50 years old.
To put that into perspective:
- The first Hangover movie had just been released.
- The song "Boom Boom Pow" by The Black Eyed Peas was at the top of the music charts. "Poker Face" by Lady Gaga was also a popular hit at the time.
- Farmville had just been released on Facebook.
- The world was experiencing an economic crisis.
- Smartphones were relatively new at the time.
- Michael Jackson died a few weeks after Manchester United agreed to sell Cristiano Ronaldo to Real Madrid.
- Minecraft was an obscure PC game.
- The song "Fireflies" by Owl City wasn't released yet.
- Internet personality KSI hadn't started his YouTube channel yet.
- Gary Coleman, Corey Haim, Patrick Swayze, and Brittany Murphy were all still alive.
- Millie Bobby Brown (the actress who plays Eleven in Stranger Things) was just five years old.
- US President Barack Obama was just six months into his first term in office.
- Conan O'Brien had recently taken over The Tonight Show.
This question was answered on November 10th, 2022.
© 2014-2022 BestOfDate.com