How many years ago was 1925?
1925 was 98 years ago from today.
98 years have passed between May 28th, 1925, and May 28th, 2023. It was 35,794 days ago.
However, the last calendar date of that year fell on December 31st, 1925. This means that, technically speaking, only 97 full years have passed since 1925 ended.
How long ago was 1925?
To put into perspective how long ago 1925 was:
- The vast majority of people born in 1925 have passed away.
- Anyone who turned 21 in 1925 is most likely dead by now.
- Nine decades have passed since then.
- Television did not exist at the time. Back then, radio was the medium of choice.
- The First World War had only ended six years previously.
- Many families in the United States didn't have electricity yet.
- The Moon is moving away from Earth at roughly 1.49 inches per year. That means that it has moved away by about 146 inches since 1925.
- There have been roughly 5,096 weekends since then.
- Mickey Mouse was not a famous name.
- Alcohol was illegal in the United States due to prohibition.
- Women were not allowed to vote in the United Kingdom.
- The Empire State Building didn't exist.
- Ireland had recently gained its independence from the United Kingdom.
- The Earth has travelled 441 billion miles through space since 1925.
- People were using rotary phones.
- Kitchens did not have toasters.
- Sliced bread wasn't the norm.
- Due to the expansion of the Atlantic Ocean, the distance between the United States and Europe has grown 2 meters since 1925.
- Aerosol spray cans didn't exist.
- Sunglasses weren't a thing yet.
- Most cars did not have radios.
Check out some of the other "years ago" stats!