How many years ago was 1928?
1928 was 95 years ago from today.
95 years have passed between June 7th, 1928, and June 7th, 2023. It was 34,698 days ago.
However, the last calendar date of that year fell on December 31st, 1928. This means that, technically speaking, only 94 full years have passed since 1928 ended.
How long ago was 1928?
To put into perspective how long ago 1928 was:
- Many of the people who were born that year have since passed away.
- Anyone who turned 21 in 1928 is most likely dead by now.
- Nine decades have passed since then.
- Television did not exist at the time. Back then, radio was the medium of choice.
- The First World War had only ended nine years previously.
- The Moon is moving away from Earth at roughly 1.49 inches per year. That means that it has moved away by about 141 inches since 1928.
- There have been roughly 4,940 weekends since then.
- Names such as Adolf Hitler and Gary Cooper were not famous at the time.
- Alcohol was illegal in the United States due to prohibition.
- The Empire State Building didn't exist.
- The Earth has travelled 428 billion miles through space since 1928.
- People were using rotary phones.
- Due to the expansion of the Atlantic Ocean, the distance between the United States and Europe has grown 2 meters since 1928.
- Sunglasses weren't a thing yet.
- Most cars did not have radios.
Check out some of the other "years ago" stats!