How many years ago was 2010?
2010 was 13 years ago from today.
13 years have passed between February 6th, 2010, and February 6th, 2023. It was 4,748 days ago.
However, the last calendar date of that year fell on December 31st, 2010. This means that, technically speaking, only 12 full years have passed since 2010 ended.
How long ago was 2010?
To put into perspective how long ago 2010 was:
- A child that was two years old in 2010 is now fifteen. That means that they are now attending high school.
- Babies who were born that year are now teenagers.
- More than a decade has passed since then.
- Although smartphones existed, they were still relatively new. Most people were still using the older, push-button "dumb" phones.
- Snapchat did not exist.
- Spotify had launched its streaming service two years prior. However, it still wasn't very popular.
- The Moon is moving away from Earth at roughly 1.49 inches per year. That means that it has moved away by about 19 inches since 2010.
- There have been roughly 676 weekends since then.
- Names such as One Direction, Mac Miller, Tyson Fury, Ed Sheeran and Avicii were not famous at the time.
- Popular songs that year included the likes of "Tik Tok" by Kesha, "Imma Be" by The Black Eyed Peas, "Break Your Heart" by Taio Cruz, "Rude Boy" by Rihanna, "Nothin' On You" by B.o.B. ft Bruno Mars and "OMG" by Usher ft will.i.am.
- Films such as "Avatar", "Dear John", "Valentine's Day", "Shutter Island", "Alice in Wonderland" and "How to Train Your Dragon" were playing at movie theaters in 2010.
- The term "social media influencer" hadn't caught on yet.
- Tinder didn't exist.
- Consumer drones weren't popular.
- The Earth has travelled 59 billion miles through space since 2010.
- Apple's voice assistant "Siri" did not exist in 2010.
- Nobody had smart doorbells with cameras.
- The USB-C wasn't a thing yet.
- Netflix wasn't available in the United Kingdom or Ireland.
- There were no 4K TVs on the market.
- The air fryer wasn't a popular appliance yet.
- The word "selfie" hadn't caught on yet.
- You couldn't FaceTime someone.
- Gender reveal parties weren't a thing in 2010.
- You couldn't order food delivery via DoorDash.
- Amy Winehouse was still alive.
- Jackass actor Ryan Dunn was still alive.
- Video games such as "Call of Duty: Black Ops", "Mass Effect 2", "Red Dead Redemption", "Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood", "StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty" and "Fallout: New Vegas" were released that year.
- Due to the expansion of the Atlantic Ocean, the distance between the United States and Europe has grown 33 centimeters since 2010.
- A person who was born that year has had roughly 26–39 colds in their lifetime.
- The world has gone through 52 seasons of weather.
- Osama bin Laden was still on the run.
- Barack Obama was the President of the United States.
- The world was experiencing a global financial crisis.
- "The Walking Dead" and "Boardwalk Empire" were among the TV shows that started airing that year.
Check out some of the other "years ago" stats!