How many years ago was 2011?
2011 was 12 years ago from today.
12 years have passed between June 9th, 2011, and June 9th, 2023. It was 4,383 days ago.
However, the last calendar date of that year fell on December 31st, 2011. This means that, technically speaking, only 11 full years have passed since 2011 ended.
How long ago was 2011?
To put into perspective how long ago 2011 was:
- A child that was two years old in 2011 is now fourteen. That means that they are now attending high school.
- More than a decade has passed since then.
- Spotify had launched its streaming service three years prior. However, it still wasn't very popular.
- The Moon is moving away from Earth at roughly 1.49 inches per year. That means that it has moved away by about 18 inches since 2011.
- There have been roughly 624 weekends since then.
- Names such as Ariana Grande, the Weeknd, Jake Paul, Conor McGregor, and BTS were not famous at the time.
- Popular songs that year included the likes of "Firework" by Katy Perry, "Grenade" by Bruno Mars, "Hold It Against Me" by Britney Spears, "Black And Yellow" by Wiz Khalifa, "Born This Way" by Lady Gaga, and "E.T." by Katy Perry ft Kanye West.
- Films such as "True Grit", "The Green Hornet", "No Strings Attached", "The Rite", "The Roommate", and "Just Go With It" were playing at movie theaters in 2011.
- The term "social media influencer" hadn't caught on yet.
- Tinder didn't exist.
- Consumer drones weren't popular.
- The Earth has travelled 54 billion miles through space since 2011.
- Amazon Alexa did not exist in 2011.
- Nobody had smart doorbells with cameras.
- The USB-C wasn't a thing yet.
- Netflix wasn't available in the United Kingdom or Ireland.
- There were no 4K TVs on the market.
- The air fryer wasn't a popular appliance yet.
- The word "selfie" hadn't caught on yet.
- Gender reveal parties weren't a thing.
- You couldn't order food delivery via DoorDash.
- Video games such as "The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim", "Batman: Arkham City", "Portal 2", "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3", "L.A. Noire", and "Battlefield 3" were released that year.
- Due to the expansion of the Atlantic Ocean, the distance between the United States and Europe has grown 30 centimeters since 2011.
- A person who was born that year has had roughly 24–36 colds in their lifetime.
- The world has gone through 48 seasons of weather.
- Barack Obama was the President of the United States.
- "Game of Thrones", "Suits", "Homeland", "Black Mirror", "American Horror Story", and "Once Upon a Time" were among the TV shows that started airing that year.
Check out some of the other "years ago" stats!