How many years ago was 1992?
1992 was 31 years ago from today.
A total of 31 years have passed between January 27th, 1992, and January 27th, 2023. It was 11,323 days ago.
However, the last calendar date of that year fell on December 31st, 1992. This means that, technically speaking, only 30 full years have passed since 1992 ended.
How long ago was 1992?
To put into perspective how long ago 1992 was:
- The teenagers that existed in 1992 are now 44–50 years old.
- Three decades have passed since then.
- If you were to travel back in time to this year, nobody would know what a PlayStation is.
- Although the Internet existed in 1992, most people didn't even know what it was.
- People back then were still listening to music on portable cassette players called Walkmans.
- Most people in 1992 didn't have a cellphone.
- Movies came on VHS tapes.
- A small communication device called a "pager" was very popular at the time.
- CDs were relatively new at the time.
- Same-sex marriage wasn't legal in the United States.
- The European Union did not exist.
- Motorists in 1992 had to rely on printed maps and directions to get to places, as GPS navigation systems for vehicles did not become available until 2001.
- The Moon is moving away from Earth at roughly 1.49 inches per year. That means that it has moved away by about 46 inches since 1992.
- There have been roughly 1,612 weekends since then.
- Names such as George Clooney, Mariah Carey, Brad Pitt, Jennifer Aniston, Jim Carrey, Liam Neeson, Snoop Dogg, Samuel L. Jackson and Sandra Bullock were not famous at the time.
- Popular songs that year included the likes of "Black Or White" by Michael Jackson, "All 4 Love" by Color Me Badd, "Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me" by George Michael & Elton John, "I'm Too Sexy" by Right Said Fred, "To Be With You" by Mr. Big and "Save The Best For The Last" by Vanessa Williams.
- Films such as "Hook", "The Hand That Rocks the Cradle", "Medicine Man", "Wayne's World", "Basic Instinct" and "White Men Can't Jump" were playing at movie theaters in 1992.
- "Martin", "Mad About You" and "Melrose Place" were among the TV shows that started airing that year.
- There was no such thing as online shopping.
- The Earth has travelled 140 billion miles through space since 1992.
- Most cars didn't have electric windows.
- Texting was not really popular yet.
- Although TV remote controls existed, many homes did not have them.
- Red Bull wasn't available in the United States.
- Nobody knew what an MP3 was.
- River Phoenix was still alive.
- Video games such as "Street Fighter II: The World Warrior", "Mortal Kombat", "Wolfenstein 3D", "Ecco the Dolphin", "Super Mario Kart" and "Night Trap" were released that year.
- Due to the expansion of the Atlantic Ocean, the distance between the United States and Europe has grown 78 centimeters since 1992.
- A person who was born that year has had roughly 62–93 colds in their lifetime.
- The world has gone through 124 seasons of weather.
Check out some of the other "years ago" stats!